06 August 2010

Greg Mann recycled
teaspoon necklace, $20,
South Melbourne Night Market
Shopping and eating are my favourite activities. When my children were babies and spending every waking moment either crying in my arms or attached to the breast, shopping and eating became my holy grail. One night a week and every Saturday morning I would leave the children with their father, get in the car and burn off to the inner city. A feeling of freedom and release would wash over me as I put more and more distance between us. If the South Melbourne Night Market had existed then, I would have made it a peak Thursday night destination. There is live music, the stalls emphasise vintage fashion and locally-made accessories, and the cafés along Cecil Street are all open and buzzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment