06 August 2010

Centre link bike chain bracelet, $15
http://www.recycledacc.com/











I sometimes feel for Elle Macpherson. Her need to be seen as desirable seems not to have abated with age, and I cannot be convinced that the pursuit of it continues to be empowering. Isn’t it just increasingly difficult and a little bit deflating? I do appreciate her recent resurgence as a model, though, for I like to use her as a barometer for my own Peter Pan complex. In particular I am struck by her wrist. Above her Rolex she wears a stack of cheap bracelets, and I reckon each one has some significance for her. And if Elle’s not too old to wear folksy jewellery, then neither am I. I don’t know what the special significance of this bracelet might be for me. Maybe that I love my bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment