04 October 2010

Framed print, $35
It’s important to look up. If you don’t look up you won’t see the decorated façades of boom time buildings, the ornate cornices of historic theatres, the pressed metal ceilings of long-standing pubs, or all the pre-loved prints and paintings at op shops. Many op shops display their oversized pictures on the wall space above clothing racks, or sit them on uppermost shelves, leaning against the wall. This print is of a work by Japanese artist Tsuguharu Foujita, who travelled to Paris in 1913 and spent many years living and working in Montparnasse.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous buy. There must be more such bargains in opshops, but one has to know more about art and artists than most, including me.
    You're right about looking up. I've seen some beautiful needlework (my passion) high up on the walls occasionally. And I love walking around Melbourne (and Sydney if I'm there) looking right to the top of old buildings.

    ReplyDelete