25 March 2011

Second-hand wedding dresses,
The Bargain Box, Riddells Creek
There are things that are often said but which I will not say. I will not start a sentence with the words Women of my generation… or As a mother… or I know it's clichéd, but... because these phrases strike me as cheap groundwork. I will not use the word successful to describe a person, only his or her actions and accomplishments. And I will not invoke the phrase politically correct or  politically incorrect because a phrase that has been so lovingly adopted by both the avant-garde left and the ham-fisted right couldn’t possibly have any meaning left. Needless to say, I will not use the word pre-loved when all I really mean is used  or second-hand.

1 comment:

  1. Scott totally used this as an English class the next day. I remember.

    ReplyDelete